Running SC2 under Windows on my MAC

Reaction score
I've noticed that MacOSX system requirements for the game are much higher than those of the Windows variant, so my question is, would I be able to get any more play out of installing Windows on my Mac? If I would, is it worth the pains of Vista or (shudder) Windows 7?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
they will play the same. you have the same hardware, after all.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
But different OS software, resulting in ¿better optimization?

minimal difference in performance.

Starcraft II is a CPU heavy game. The better the CPU, the better the performance (of course, the GPU is an important factor too, for all the display aspects). you will see no difference in performance using either OS.

you will get the same options for optimisation (generally graphics settings, such as shader models, textures and so on, in both OSes)

Reaction score
For me it definetley runs better on Windows. I've had it installed on both and after a while of playing on both windows and mac I can tell the difference. A few of my friends who also play on their macs use windows to run it.

Hope this helps.

OP
T
Reaction score
For me it definetley runs better on Windows. I've had it installed on both and after a while of playing on both windows and mac I can tell the difference. A few of my friends who also play on their macs use windows to run it.

Hope this helps.

Can you tell me how it runs better? better fps? better reaction/latency? less bottlenecking at high unit counts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.