Good books about RAW processing basics, particularly using LR?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I finally decided to go with Lightroom for organizing and processing my photos, and now I’m look for some good info to guide me on processing. If anyone has any good book suggestions, particularly any books that use Lightroom 3, I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I don't know any books off hand.. but, this is a pretty good resource to get you started until someone posts up something better.

AdobeTV

edit: keep in mind the last good books I read on exposure (negative or print) were The Camera, The Negative and The Print.. other than textbooks in college.. which really reiterated much of the same info, in a much blander way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
I finally decided to go with Lightroom for organizing and processing my photos, and now I’m look for some good info to guide me on processing. If anyone has any good book suggestions, particularly any books that use Lightroom 3, I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Check out Scott Kelby's Lightroom 3 book:
What’s New in my New Lightroom 3 Book « Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider Blog » Photoshop & Digital Photography Techniques, Tutorials, Books, Reviews & More

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
Awesome Lightroom 3 training videos from the Luminous Landscape website. (superb photography forum there as well) ...

Lightroom 3 Tutorial

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Scott Kelly book looks pretty decent and has plenty of good reviews. I think I'll check that one out.

In the meantime abodeTV and Lightroom tutorials look pretty good for a free source also.

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Try Martin Evenings books. I prefer his style to Scott Kelby's. I'd also give a +1 to the Luminous Landscape video's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
The problem I find with books is that they're expensive and get outdated quickly... I would always suggest tutorials online before going for a book!

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem I find with books is that they're expensive and get outdated quickly... I would always suggest tutorials online before going for a book!

Well I'm more looking for something with the basics that can show me exactly where to go in LR3 at the same time. As I get better I'll look to online tutorials and the photography community in general for more advanced info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.