• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple obtains over 200 Freescale Semiconductor hardware patents

Reaction score
Apple obtains over 200 Freescale Semiconductor hardware patents

Apple has recorded the receipt of over 200 patents and patent pending applications from Freescale Semiconductor, most of which pertain to computer hardware and wireless devices.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I still hope the whole ARM CPU in the Macbook and even Macbook Pro is just a rumor and not true. We really don't need another total platform change. Also even though Windows 8 will run on ARM (it's pretty much for sure I am told), a lot of people will not run Windows 8 as it's said to be a Cloud OS. I don't want to see Mac's loose their ability to run Windows for those who need it.

I guess as always time will tell in the end, but this report seems to back what I have been reading for the last 2 months now.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Yep, i hope ARM is just a rumor too. Im not too convinced about the whole "tablet" revolution as a whole. I think they are cool, but all in all just a fancy shopping list for me ;)

One good thing about Microsoft is its compatibilty range; you can run anything from pretty much 98 onwards on 7 pretty easily, with little tweaking, I doubt we would lose much when Windows 8 comes out. they would be crazy to drop support for anything to be fair.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yep, i hope ARM is just a rumor too. Im not too convinced about the whole "tablet" revolution as a whole. I think they are cool, but all in all just a fancy shopping list for me ;)

Agreed. I really love my iPad though for certain uses like resting and having all it does in my lap so I can keep up with things on the Net and read books, but the iPad (at least for now) can't replace any of my computers (except for my netbook :D).

One good thing about Microsoft is its compatibilty range; you can run anything from pretty much 98 onwards on 7 pretty easily, with little tweaking, I doubt we would lose much when Windows 8 comes out. they would be crazy to drop support for anything to be fair.

I hope that is true but Microsoft of late has gone so Gung ** with all the Cloud talk. Has me worried a bit! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.