Silver Keeper vs Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
How does Silver Keeper compare to Time Machine? Which one to use?
Thanks for any input. Van

C

chas_m

I don't know anything about Silver Keeper, but these are two entirely different programs. You are comparing oranges to lemons.

Given that Time Machine is part of your system already, costs nothing to use and works very well, I see no reason not to use it.

If you're dying to spend money on an alternate backup method, I'd suggest a donation to Carbon Copy Cloner would be money better spent, and it acts as a good complement to Time Machine (I use both). Again, as far as I know Silver Keeper is a wonderful program, not saying anything bad about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I agree with chas_m on using CCC and TM both for backup. Because you never know...

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Silver Keeper vs, TM

Thanks for the input,I'll continue with Time Machine.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have used SilverKeeper before but it was some time ago. Don't remember why I stopped using it in favor of Carbon Copy Cloner. At this point I would suggest either CCC or SuperDuper as a compliment to Time Machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.