PDA

View Full Version : iweb question

sassenaer
05-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi,

i made on my imac our website with iweb. i placed it online, and can still ad or change things on my imac with iweb.

Now we have an macbook to with iweb on it.

Is it possible to get our site on te macbook 2 so we can make changes whit the macbook also??

and how should we do it???

i cant find any option to export or import the site.....

thanks in advance,

Marco

chscag
05-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

I moved your post to this forum where you will be more likely to get an answer to your question.

chas_m
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
The answer is: yes, it's possible, but very very tricky.

In a nutshell, iWeb doesn't use a standard system for storing sites, since it is not an HTML editor. There is a file in your users/(you)/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder called "Domain".

You would copy this file to your other computer (on a USB stick or some such method) and place it in the same place on the other machine.

HOWEVER here comes the tricky part: anytime you make changes to the iWeb site on one machine, you will need to re-copy the "Domain" file on that machine to the other machine BEFORE you make any changes to the site using the other machine. I have a client that uses Chronosync for this, which works great, BUT one has to remain very vigilant about it.

Bottom line: bad idea. Pick a machine that is going to be the sole machine that updates that site, and that's it. Much easier for you, and much lower risk of anything bad happening.