iMac bridge to Directv dvr for internet connection

Reaction score
Hi. First of all the title tells you what I want to do. I will first show you my setup. I have an iMac 20 inch connected to Time Capsule wirelessly. Wirelessly because it is across the room. My Directv box is right beside my imac. so there is now way of running a cable from my time capsule to directv box. i want the internet from my imac (via ethernet) bridged to the directv box. i have tried several configurations but still unsuccessful. I have not tried all possibilities though. do I need a crossover cable? is imac capable of bridging? i remember doing this to my Macbook pro which I bridged to my xbox. So please help me here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You could get an Airport Express and use it as a slave to get your connection just set up
as join existing wireless network .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You could get an Airport Express and use it as a slave to get your connection just set up
as join existing wireless network .
Yep, this is what I did.. I also use it to feed audo via mini-tos to my stereo. Works very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.