W7 + AEBS + printer = frustration.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i haven't been here for a while because life has been good. anyhow, back home from school for the summer, mom and dad all have their toys (iphones, macbooks, ipad, etc), and in the family room, the linksys router wireless wouldn't reach. SO, being nice and all, i installed my AEBS in the family room. in that room is my mothers W7 PC that is connected via ethernet. i plugged in the airport behind moms computer, and ran another ethernet out and into mom's computer. great, no problems.

i decided to set up her printer on the network so that everyone can print wirelessly, and everything works like it should. everything except the windows 7 machine that is hard wired into the airport extreme. i've deleted the printer and searched for a new one, and it recognizes it, but won't connect all the way... nothing will print as it gives me an "offline" error. the printer works though, because i can print from this computer (MBP, wirelessly). this is the first time i've ever used windows 7, so i am unsure of what the heck to do. like i said, that computers is connected to the network via ethernet, and the printer is plugged into the airport.

i have the airport set up to extend the current network without messing with giving out new IP's or anything. i just set it up to extend the range. i'm not really sure what to do with this thing. i don't believe that her W7 computer has a wireless card (although i could be wrong), but it just makes sense that there should be no problems because it's hard wired. :Angry:

thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you get the latest print drivers from the printer's website for W7 I am using a networked HP for both laptops a MBP and an HP G42 and it works for both after getting
the latest print drivers from HP's website and I am using an AEBS.

OP
L
Reaction score
i haven't updated the drivers since she got the computer a few months ago. but is your HP accessing the printer wirelessly? her computer does not have wireless capability, so i'm trying to access it via ethernet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It has worked with both wired at the desk wireless in the bedrooms .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.