media Library Cleanup

Reaction score
Has anyone every used any of those programs to clean up your music library and how did they work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If you're talking about the tag cleanup programs, I've used a few different ones. They're all decent, none are perfect. Definitely requires a lot of manual intervention, just don't let the thing run and change everything or you'll be sorry.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
The only ones i have ever used that did an alright job:

TuneUp | Fix Mislabeled Song Info, Add Album Art & More

did a good job labelling with the right album and name in most cases. you need to buy a license, but there is a free 50 cleans.

however! It is a massive nuisance, crashed consistently for me, and has had numerous cases of murdering iTunes libraries.

a better one is Pollux.

http://polluxapp.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Download CoverScout and SongGenie, both from the company equinux.
Granted its a Paid App but sometimes you just need to spend a little for the best results. They have them both for €23.95 or you can buy the bundle for €39.95.

Well worth the price IMO.

Just came across Rinse from. Dl now and will try out tonight when i get home from work.

Cheers

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I like coverscout. Songgenie never worked for me, but then i have some quite obscure songs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
@Rob

TuneUp really crashes sometimes and acts weird, but I use it everyday and I rally think it`s one of the bests out there! now in version 2.0.9 thinks are slightly different.

Good thing is, it really organize your library! but I have some crazy songs that tuneUp was unable to find!! understandable! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I used Tune Up too, and it was fine for me.
Coverscout is great too.
The only thing with these programs is that once you have tidided everything up, they are of no use, as keeping on top of things is easy, and if you buy downloads they are always correctly tagged, and importing from CD is reliable too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.