gcc ld error under MacOs

Reaction score
Hi, all,

I am a newbie of MacOS. Now I am compiling a simple test.cc under it but ld error happened. So could you help me?

-MacOS: Darwin kernel Version 10.0.0
-Xcode: 2.5

-The content of test.cpp
int main()
{
;
return 0;
}

-The command I input: gcc test.cc

-The output Info.:
/PATH/OF/GCC/ld: /usr/lib/system/libmathCommon.A.dylib load command 4 unknown cmd field
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

-What I have did before
I login as a normal user(not root) and
1> Faced a error of "no gcc", so add /PATH/OF/GCC to $PATH
2> Faced a error of "no lib", so add a new env viariable, that is LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/PATH/OF/SDK/usr/lib

Then, I faced the problem mentioned above. Hope your suggestion. Thank you!

BTW, I did google and found some answers about this kind of problem, but most of those are suggestion of updating OS or Xcode. But I cannot update them cause I am not root, and I heard that other people has compiled sucessfully on this environment.

Daqi

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You have an unnecessary semicolon above the "return 0;". Remove that. You've also got a main method that doesn't do anything.

OP
D
Reaction score
Vansmith,
Thanks for your reply.
And I just did a test code but not an actual here. My question is how to compile it successfully?

Daqi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.