PDA

View Full Version : Apple Refurbished Products

Arichards
09-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi, I previously asked about the educational discount... however, since that route cannot be taken, I looked into the refurbished systems, and they have a powerbook g4 12inch, for 1,299... I've never bought a refurbished system before... Can anyone who has bought a refurbished laptop from apple, tell me how they work, if they have any flaws, are there dents? scratches? Are broken or missing parts replaced with authentic apple parts? Does it ship in a normal box?

Thanks

D3v1L80Y
09-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Both my eMac and my iBook that I currently have are refurbs. I have also purchased refurbed PowerBooks in the past.
Refurbs come in brand new condition. They also have to pass the same exact QA checks that a brand new system does...and then some. They also come with the same exact warranty as a new machine and the same eligibility for APP as a new machine does.
As far as the boxes go, that is hit or miss. My eMac came in the original box, the iBook didn't...but its just a cardboard box anyway, so that isn't a big deal if you ask me. I know some people just have to have the box, but I just put mine out with the other recycleables.

Basically, refurbs are a great option. You get a computer in excellent condition and save a ton of money.
:black:

Alcoholica
09-09-2005, 10:10 AM
That's great to know, D3v1L. I'm selling my iBook to buy a refurb dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5.

Arichards
09-09-2005, 03:01 PM
do they come with the manuals too... even if the box is not included?

if not I'm sure they also have those manuals on the website.

Thank you very much for you reply!

D3v1L80Y
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
do they come with the manuals too... even if the box is not included?

if not I'm sure they also have those manuals on the website.

Thank you very much for you reply!
Yes, they come with all the same manuals and accessories that a new unit would come with.

Padawan
09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
This link (http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/apple_certified.html) should answer any questions you have about Apple Certified Refurbished products.