Printer Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
I was unsure as to where this post belongs (sorry if it's in the wrong area).

I have an Epson Stylus NX420 printer that came with my MacBook Pro last year. It's out of ink. Well, black ink and toner. I turned it on today, just to scan some things and add them to my computer, which in no way uses the ink at all. The printer wouldn't let me. It kept giving me a message saying "BK out, needs to be replaced". So I would hit Okay, and it would make some noises and then go back to the same message. Is there any way to get it to copy without replacing the ink?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's probably no work around that will allow you to use it if it's out of toner or ink. Most of the "all in one" printers operate the same way. It's built into their firmware. It's one of the disadvantages of having everything built into one platform.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No fun. The ink is not cheap either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.