college student, graphics, advice.

Reaction score
I'm looking for freeware, shareware, or a cheap-er mac app store program that I can do designs similar to the playfulness of the 'life is good' stuff. Note: I don't want to copy their stuff, but get a program that would allow me to do stuff like that. I'm what you could call a novice at graphics. I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I'm a fairly intelligent guy so the program doesn't have to be intuitive.

Also, how can I take an image of mine and outline it? For instance, I have a picture of my Jeep and I want remove all the color and just have a white outline of the body and wheels? My brother took a photo of his dog to a shop and had them make a sticker of the outline. I have Aperture on my mac and all the usual iLife stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You could try Photoshop Elements or another good one is Pixelmator.

C

chas_m

Both of Murlyn's suggestions are inexpensive but not free. Both are available for a trial, so check em out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.