• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Some people are just anti Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Unfortunately, there are just as many uninformed Mac users who are just as anti-Windows or anti-Microsoft.

I always love when people type Micro$oft...makes them look very intelligent.

But the moral of the story is you have haters on both sides. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's the case with pretty much anything (technology, religion, politics, etc.). The fringe elements on both sides make the normal people in the middle look bad.

Reaction score
Yes. There are always going to be people who just hate Mac computers. I'm not going to lie, a year or so before now I was actually one of those people. I think, being a former PC user, that the price point plays a large portion of this. Some people just can't get over the price of a 1000 dollars for a computer when you could pay a lot less and get "more" for your money. It's very easy to look at it from this point and start making judgments accordingly.

People rarely think about tech support, build quality, the OS itself and the small nuances you get in terms of productivity, and just the overall experience. It's one of those things that you can't readily explain to a person but they just have to discover themselves.

I jumped to Mac about 2 months ago when I found a great deal on one at a site for under 600 bucks. I got it the same night and never looked back. I love it.

Reaction score
I thought I hated Windows when I first switched to Mac but I begin researching and comparing and eventually decided I needed a Mac to relieve me from the headache that Windows sometimes gives me, but I needed a Windows computer to keep the masses who need their computer repaired happy. And the occasional game that was never released for Mac…

I still use both, but I could really use a new Windows computer (because I don't feel like eating half the hard drive on any of my modern Mac computers with BootCamp)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I despise Windows because of all their issues, but on the other hand, I kinda like them because it earns me extra money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It is pretty wild how people will attack anything even related to Apple simply because it's related.

For example, anytime I see an article about new iMacs/MBPs I see comments ripping on Thunderbolt. Some people are just dumb and think it's Apple-only while others seems to know it's not, but can't help hating it due to its current close ties with Apple, going as far as saying its "too fast". But these same people are all for USB 3.0, which has barely made a dent in the market itself.

I saw a website promising information to build your own "hackintosh" for half the price or a Mac Pro with the same power. I looked at their build list and noticed it conveniently left out the case, PSU, OS and a couple other things that probably would have made the price at least $500 more.

People are strange.

Reaction score
It is pretty wild how people will attack anything even related to Apple simply because it's related.

For example, anytime I see an article about new iMacs/MBPs I see comments ripping on Thunderbolt. Some people are just dumb and think it's Apple-only while others seems to know it's not, but can't help hating it due to its current close ties with Apple, going as far as saying its "too fast". But these same people are all for USB 3.0, which has barely made a dent in the market itself.

I saw a website promising information to build your own "hackintosh" for half the price or a Mac Pro with the same power. I looked at their build list and noticed it conveniently left out the case, PSU, OS and a couple other things that probably would have made the price at least $500 more.

People are strange.

As with all products that have an image of being superior port better than something else, there are going to be people who just don't like it, whether they have a good reason or not.

Most people don't like it (Apple) in general because of the image it puts off and the people it attracts. There's a subliminal message that comes out of le and 3 friends all sitting at the kitchen table at 2 am and calling it a Mac Party. We never had PC Parties.

A lot of the hate is out of ignorance though, honestly I was the same way until I actually got a MacBook myself. Of course, I was a lot more immature (17 and under as opposed tob19 now)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.