airport express problem no 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro, Ipod touch, Iphone4, iPad2
Firstly thanks to Buzzard2010 and mrplow for telling me where to get the software for the express, it seems that was only the start of my problems.

on trying to link it all up, at first on opening the airport utilities, it recognises the box but after going through the set-up, choosing to join a current network, choosing password etc, it seems to work but at the end when it says the airport is going to restart, it doesn't recognise it anymore.
i have to hard reset the unit (hold the reset button for 10 sec) and the process starts again

the whole time there's either a flashing or solid amber light.

at the moment theres a solid amber light, if i click on the airport icon in the taskbar, it has apple network 700*** as an option but choosing it doesn't change the lights and it still isn't recognised.

i hope this doesnt sound like unintelligible ramblings, is this one a dud or is there something i'm missing?

edit, update, now when i click on the airport icon, it gives me the apple network 700** as an option to join, if i do then itunes recognises it and i can actually stream music, but it disconnects me from the internet, any ideas?
thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
How old is the Express new or used ?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro, Ipod touch, Iphone4, iPad2
it is a used one bought off e'bay, i'm starting to lose faith in human nature

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.