extracting .rar files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I have downloaded some files which are .rar format. I order to extract the info required I had to purchase an application. There were a few available but I went for RAR extractor plus.

I have attempted several times to extract the contents of this .rar file using this application but I am having some trouble. Either, a). I can't locate where the file has extracted to, or b). The application isn't working correctly?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

You are welcome and am sure you will enjoy the Mac experience.;D

Reaction score
Oh Jeez! Having the same prob over here.

I downloaded a really big-sized RAR file and I can't get my head round on how to extract the files.

1) I have already tried using UnRarX; when I locate the folder with all the files within it, I cannot click on them, so there's no way of extracting the files. Tried changing the folder's place, clicking millions of time on it, selecting the files individually but nothing seems to solve the problem. I gave up, seriously.

2) I downloaded The Unarchiver, at first it seemed like the PERFECT option once I saw I could select all the rar (there are loads of them, they were split into more than 70!!!) files and then I saw the extraction bar loading. Instantly I thought "OMG finally" but then it all disappeared, by "it all" I mean that the extraction box (that supposedly had to be extracting all the files) disappeared. I tried to find the files but couldn't. Then I redid the same process. Right in the beginning a message popped up. It was exactly like this:

5a7hx.png

Now seriously, is this the software error, or have I really waited 24 hours for that thing to download and in the end the file is all messed up? I can't believe that ):

Reaction score
In Addition...

Another thing that has got me confused is if I really need to extract the files.

The YouTube video that I saw, said I should go through theses steps:

db9sy.jpg

Do I have to mount the iso first? Any Advice on how to install the Reason 5 software on my Mac?

I hate sounding dumb, but yeah, I'm quite a newbie to all this stuff. I really try to figure things out myself but there are certains points where we get stuck and there's nothing our limited knowledge can do. My knowledge, in this case.

I'm really sorry to bother, but any help would be immensely appreciated.

C

chas_m

I'm sorry, are you under the impression that we will help you pirate Reason?

Seriously?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As per our Community Guidelines, we do not condone or discuss this type of conduct. This thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.