View Full Version : BootCamp on Win 7 - unfunctional drivers

04-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi all,
I've MacBook Pro 15" (2010 model - i7 2.66, GF GT 330M). I would need to have Windows on PC but I have less problems with drivers on bootcamp. At first I made updates for Mac - OS X 10.6.7, then I turned on the BootCamp Assistant and split it into two discs, triggered installation of Windows Professional x64 7. Everything done without any problems. Immediately after installation, I installed from Mac OS X Install DVD the required drivers for Windows on a Mac - specifically BootCamp 3.1 and then immediately after that I installed version 3.2. (which I downloaded on apple official webpage), screen resolution has changed to 1440 x 900 (Nvidia drivers probably runs well).
However, I can not control the keyboard backlight, brightness, volume, etc> from the keyboard. The touchpad responds properly. The BootCamp Control Panel, for example, can reduce the brightness at least for 4 parts, not one. Also i can't find drivers for i-sight and wi-fi.

In Control Panel - Programs and functions in WIN, I get the subsequent drivers.
> Apple Software Update
> Windows Driver Package - USBEthernet
> - Multitouch
> - Multitouch Mouse
> - ODD
> - WirelessTrackpad
> - (Cirrus Filter) Media
> BootCamp Services
> NVIDIA Display Control Panel
> NVIDIA Drivers
> Realtek High Definition Driver

Windows on BootCamp, I tried to reinstall several times again, still with no change. Drivers, which I mentioned did not work even after the updates for Windows.

I would be grateful for your valuable advices, thank you in advance.

05-01-2011, 04:02 AM
>>> Partly Resolved. In fact I have on my Mac OS X Install DVD just 3.1 BootCamp version (I don't understand it I thought that there should be basic drivers of 3.0). So I had to download at first BootCamp 3.0, manually install it and after that I could install BootCamp 3.1, 3.2.

But I still don't have some drivers in device manager - the USB Host Controller and Network Adapter. More specifically, it is also an Intel (R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3B36 and 3B3B.

If you have any experience with this, I would be grateful for your advice.

05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
The 3.1 version of Boot Camp that you have on your OS X install DVD already includes all the drivers that were in the original 3.0 version. You should not have had to install version 3.0. As a matter of fact, Boot Camp 3.0 is not normally available from Apple as a download and can only be found on the Snow Leopard install DVD. Where did you download Boot Camp 3.0 from?

05-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Now I understand, thanks for your answer. Nevertheless it isn't clear for me, why drivers didn't worked If I installed them from my Mac OS X Install DVD - exactly as is descibed. I downloaded Boot Camp from any page on drivers. But the USB Host Controller and Network Adapter still isn't working.

05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Problem Solved - I found last drivers and finally it was possible to install.

05-02-2011, 05:26 PM
OK. I'm glad you got everything working. Also, so you know for future reference, do not download anything associated with Boot Camp from an alternative source. As I stated above, BC 3.0 can only be found on the Snow Leopard DVD. BC updates are only legally available direct from Apple.

05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
As you say. Thank you for your reply once more.