Wow!!!! Mac Is Great

L

lanne_roth

Hi Everyone

I just found out that since my eMac was only 3 wks old I qualify for Panther. I just have to pay for the shipping....
This was what I found out when I called AppleCare.. Mac is Great.

I am getting better at understanding the system and find it a lot easier than Windows.

I am a teacher so I qualify for Office For Mac 'Student and Teacher Edition'. That is all I need to get started.

Next, I want to try animation....

lanne_roth

:D :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
:D

ya, theyre great

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
lanne_roth said:
Hi Everyone

I just found out that since my eMac was only 3 wks old I qualify for Panther. I just have to pay for the shipping....
This was what I found out when I called AppleCare.. Mac is Great.

I am getting better at understanding the system and find it a lot easier than Windows.

I am a teacher so I qualify for Office For Mac 'Student and Teacher Edition'. That is all I need to get started.

Next, I want to try animation....

lanne_roth

:D :) :)

Since you are paying for shipping, mostly you are getting an upgrade and not a full version of Panther. That means you can upgrade your current version of OS X, but you can not erase the disk and load. I have not verified this, but I have read this in several places.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
nah, its a full version.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac dude said:
nah, its a full version.

Are you sure, I hope you are right about this.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
OP
G

G_Force

I know a teacher that is looking for a teacher edition of Panther, where can one be obtained?

-G

OP
H

hokiethang

G_Force said:
I know a teacher that is looking for a teacher edition of Panther, where can one be obtained?

-G

Education pricing on panther can be obtained through the apple store online or the local university bookstore as long as they have some official ID from the school where they work. Panther is $70 for educators and higher education students.

Also to go back to the original post, if you want to start into animation you may be interested in Maya 5 Personal Learning Edition. Its a free version of the $1000+ Maya tools which they use to do professional animation. A good place to start is Alias Wavefront's site which is http://www.alias.com/ i believe. I have used the software on my mac and it is very nice software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
rman, I just received my panther for my G5, yeah, it's the full version, you just don't get a box, just the books and CDs.

sKaD

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, good to know. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.