Some kind of issue, not quite sure what!

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 16Gb 3GS, and I also have the TomTom Western European satnav app (I am in the UK) Everything was running fine, until iOS 4.3 came along and now the satnav won't run. It starts to load, then just defaults back to the home screen. I have updated to 4.3.2 now, and updated the satnav to the latest version which was only released on 26th April. Still it will not run. Any ideas if this is an issue with the iOS, and if so, can I reinstall iOS 4.2 somehow, or is it a problem with the app itself? I've read through all the reviews of it on the AppStore, and a few issues were discussed previously with it not loading, but so far nothing for the current version. I don't know whether the reviewers are using a 3GS or a 4, but either way, I'd love to be able to get it running again, especially as it was far from cheap!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Paul

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried rebooting the phone since you updated the app to the latest version?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
As in turning the phone off and on again? Yes, I've tried that and had no luck.

Just to be clear, I mean pressing and holding the top (screen off) button until the red slider bar appears on the screen. Swiping to shut down, waiting until the phone turns off and then turning it back on again.

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes, I've tried that and it makes no difference at all. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, also with no luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.