Loading Ubuntu 10.10 in boot camp???

Reaction score
Just a simple question. Can you install Ubuntu 10.10 and soon to be released 11.04 into a Mac computer VIA boot camp? The reason I ask, is because it only talks about installing Windows when you open boot camp. Any help would be deeply appreciated.:)

May God Bless!

Ed

Reaction score
As far as I am aware, no it is not. I tried to load Ubuntu onto my MacBook via dual-boot using BootCamp, rEFIt, etc, which resulted in an epic fail in losing all my Mac OS X partition data (Ubuntu was told, use entire partition that had been set up specially for it, it went and used the whole disk). I'd not backed that data up either. So, unless someone knows something I don't, it isn't possible.

And before I went ahead and did the dual-boot attempt, I had read tutorial after tutorial after tutorial. None mentioned via Boot Camp as far as I am aware.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I currently have Ubuntu 10.10 installed via Parallells 6.0. It works fine. Eventually, I want to buy a cheaper laptop, erase Windows from it and install and run only Ubuntu. Do you know how to do this? I may get a Sony Vaio for this project.

May God Bless!

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Thanks for the input. I currently have Ubuntu 10.10 installed via Parallells 6.0. It works fine. Eventually, I want to buy a cheaper laptop, erase Windows from it and install and run only Ubuntu. Do you know how to do this? I may get a Sony Vaio for this project.

May God Bless!

Ed

You can do this, it is very simple. It is just like a normal OS install. You will need the Ubuntu disk. I would check out the Ubuntu forums if you still need help.

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.