Using Garageband with a USB condenser MIc......?

Reaction score
HI Everyone....

Im have a samsun CO1U USB condenser mic and im trying to use it with my garageband. I know that my mac has a built in mic, but i want to use my usb mic for quality purposes.

now, when i plug in my mic i dont hear any volume or any wave patterns what so ever. I guess i dont know how to set it up....:\

Can someone please help me with this issue, i need to know step by step if this can be possible.....? using my mic with garageband.

Greatly Appreciated!!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
well, first, have you installed any necessary drivers that came with your mic?

after that, when you hold option and click the menubar sound icon, does it appear there?

C

chas_m

Did you open Garageband's "Audio/Midi" preferences and select the USB mic? Garageband doesn't automatically pick up whatever the system's sound preference is set to, because people tend to use different recording setups for GB.

With my Blue Snowball USB mic, what works for me is to open GB and *then* plug the mic in. GB "detects" it and asks me if want to use it and that's it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.