Iphone outgoing mail problem

Reaction score
I've just got an iphone4 and love it but am having problems with the outgoing mail. When I try and send it saves a copy to the outbox and says the sender address was rejected by the server. Is this a phone setting issue?

I'm using a shaw.ca email address and it's a telus phone.

Thanks,
Tbone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I had similar problem. I don't know if it will work for you, but this worked for me.

Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar: click your Shaw Account Information: click Account: click Mail: click STMP: click Primary Server: Look under Outgoing Mail Server and make sure your password is showing. It was not in my case and that was the problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
I checked and my username and password said 'optional'. Added my password and then it says 'cannot verify server identity'. also tried adding my username and password but it still won't work. I can receive email no problem, internet works fine but the outgoing mail won't send. This is getting frustrating.

Tbone

OP
T
Reaction score
Called telus today and got part of it sorted out. Now I can send outgoing messages on 3g but still can't send them on wifi. The telus rep says I have to talk to shaw to get it sorted out.

Tbone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.