iPhone3 Issues

Reaction score
My iPhone got wet in the rain and turned itself off. I dried it out with a hairdryer (turned to cool), took the sim card out, opened it up and then (after closing it) let it sit all night and day in a bag of rice on my windowsill.

Now when the iPhone is plugged in it goes to the apple screen but never anywhere else. The screen goes black and nothing works the second it is unplugged. When plugged into my computer, iTunes said it needed to be restored. While restoring unknown error 23 came up. I put it back in the rice.

Why won't it do anything when its not plugged in?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The outcome from water damage is really hard to predict..there've been posts on here who've dropped the iPhone into glasses and other vessels that has gotten the iPhone fully submerged in water, torn it apart, popped it into some rice and after a couple of days have powered it on and used without any problems..

And there are just as many posts from people who got accidental water exposure that completely ruined the iPhone...

Water and electronic circuitry just don't mix..all the things you've done don't correct the real problem of corrosion..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.