downloader for mac as IDM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
hi all,

i have pondered restlessly for 3 days on internet but couldnt find a single downloader for Mac so please suggest some which is similar to IDM www.internetdownloadmanager.com/.

and also how to unzip files which i downloaded via transmission. {these are video files which in windows i only right click it and extract..}
how to perform the same functions in Mac and software for it.

thank you all my Mac is up and running....

C

chas_m

This isn't my area of expertise, as I've never really needed a "download manager" but I would say that, given the wide reports on this and other forums of Speed Download causing weird issues, that you should avoid that particular product.

As for unzipping files, you just double-click them. Welcome to Macintosh.

For video files generally, you will want to download and install Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian (both free). These two components work together to enable QuickTime (and not just the app, I mean the entire embedded system of QuickTime, as in the web browser, iTunes et al) the ability to play *almost* any kind of file you might encounter.

Some people also like to have alternate players for various reasons (usually something QuickTime can't do, like playlists). Two of my favourites are VLC and MPlayerX, which you may have run across in the Windows world as well. Always good to have around.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still unsolved!!

hi all please suggest an downloader for downloading vide0s from internet for Mac (same as IDM...in windows couldnot find one and searched the forum nothing....)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok...will follow the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do not get any download manager they will cause havoc with your machine and avoid like the plague Speed Downloader. This is not windows and your OS will handle all this no problem.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
whats done is done....speeddownloader.....i was unable to download from safari dnloder giving a green screen...ended up del safari and then reinsalling.....fine nw...but th quest 2 finding is end....

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am not sure exactly where to put this post, so I figured this theme.

My question/problem is:
I want to download video from live stream. Not live broadcast just a video from user who put it online.
I have tried with Flash Video Downloader 2 and paste the URL address but then it couldn't find it and report me a "failed".
Any idea how to download it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am not sure exactly where to put this post, so I figured this theme.

My question/problem is:
I want to download video from live stream. Not live broadcast just a video from user who put it online.
I have tried with Flash Video Downloader 2 and paste the URL address but then it couldn't find it and report me a "failed".
Any idea how to download it?

Thanks!

No one knows?

C

chas_m

It would be best -- and would get you the attention this deserves -- if you started your own thread (preceded by a search on the general terms "download live video" to see if the question has already been answered) rather than threadjack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.