Images too dark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I was using my printer to print out images for my assignment for school, and a good majority of them came out either too dark, the colors were somewhat muted, or both. How would I fix something like this so that my printer matches what my monitor shows? I have heard of calibration software out there for monitors, and I have tried them for my system, but it turned out screwing with the video card entirely and I had to reset the system almost entirely to get it back to normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You have a couple of choices. You can either send your files out to be printed at a professional photo lab, where they'll do color correction for you, or you'll have to invest in calibration hardware/software and possibly even a new monitor. The latter depends upon how well your current monitor takes to calibrating.

There are many factors involved when it comes to calibrating, and it's not so straight forward all the time. Calibrating your monitor is one thing, but calibrating your printer is yet another. What is your budget for such things?

Doug

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
For jobs I have an account at a lab called mpixpro, but for this assignment, I don't feel a need to print it there, especially with the time crunch i have for when it was due. I honestly don't have much of a budget, but I buy when needed. The times i do use my printer though, I would like it to match the color i see properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.