PDA

View Full Version : Samsung caught presenting actors as Galaxy "consumers," fudging thinnest tablet cl

the8thark
03-27-2011, 05:55 AM
amsung caught presenting actors as Galaxy Tab "consumers," fudging thinnest tablet claims
AppleInsider | Samsung caught presenting actors as Galaxy Tab "consumers," fudging thinnest tablet claims (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/03/25/samsung_caught_presenting_actors_as_galaxy_tab_con sumers_fudging_thinnest_tablet_claims.html)

After being forced to admit that its two million Galaxy Tabs last fall were just inventory and not actually sales to consumers, Samsung is now being accused of paying actors to pretend to be Galaxy Tab buyers and faking its claim that its redesigned tablet will be thinner than iPad 2 as originally claimed.

RavingMac
03-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Companies lying in their commercials!

How outrageous! If this trend continues before you know it politicians will start lying in their campaign speeches. ;)

BTW: thanks for sharing this. I always enjoy the things you turn up.

fleurya
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Wow, it's just so sad that they would make false claims that are so easily discoverable. If they are so quick to lie about somethingvlike that, who knows what else they're fudging and lying about!

Stupid move, Samsung!

iWhat
03-27-2011, 01:55 PM
What a huge PR mess, I'm wondering, if Samsung has responded to any of this. It's really not that hard for them to find happy customers who use their products. The interviews by the actors did seem a little awkward at times, so no wonder, they were fakes.

Maybe, this is a new marketing ploy to help get a tablet more press? :P

Kash
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I was wondering whether that thin claim was true when I read about the 10.1 Sad to see that Apple's competitors have to lie about their products. Here's a thought Samsung: make a product that people actually want to buy and it will sell itself.

schweb
03-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Not much different from when Microsoft was sending those people into stores to buy a PC a few years back. That totally blew up in their face too when the truth came out about how that was done.

I doubt Samsung will respond to this unless it gets a lot bigger. Right now they're most likely just waiting for it to blow over.

Kash
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
What's interesting is that this report is essentially confirming the assertion that Samsung's Galaxy Tab sales figures from a few months ago weren't entirely accurate as there was a dispute as to whether those figures represented actual sales to consumers or merely to distributors. I bet that really high return rate for the Tab was probably true too.

CrimsonRequiem
03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Not much different from when Microsoft was sending those people into stores to buy a PC a few years back. That totally blew up in their face too when the truth came out about how that was done.

I doubt Samsung will respond to this unless it gets a lot bigger. Right now they're most likely just waiting for it to blow over.

Do you have a source for this? I want to read up on this. Sounds like a fun read.