MIDI Keyboard Issue

Reaction score
I am having an issue getting my MacBook Pro to recognize any input form any midi keyboard. I have an iCore7 running OSX 10.6.

I am able to play sounds (input) from my Roland Fantom X8 using the direct USB cable without a problem. However, I recently purchased a MIDI to USB cable to try several of my other keyboards that do not have midi usb.

When I connect the MIDI cable, it (the cable) is recognized in the Audio MIDI setup. Garageband also recognizes there is a MIDI input device connected. When I test the audio out in the MIDI setup, it make the loud combination of sounds on any connected keyboard. However, I can't get any of the keyboards to input a signal (sound) or to show up when I rescan for devices. Only the cable shows up.

I have manually added the 4 different keyboards (Fantom x8, Roland FP-3, Technics KN1000, and Casio CT-630) but to no avail.

I have atempted to switch the in and out MIDI cables but that does not work and then it does not output to the keyboards. I have used other MIDI software such as MIDI Trail and MIDIkeys to send signals to the keyboards. I just cannot get the Mac or Garageband to recognize any signal from the keyboards.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
D
Reaction score
The company sent me a new MIDI to USB cable and I am getting the same issue. Any ideas out there would be appreciated.

OP
D
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and purchased the MIDISPort Uno from M-Audio. Works great. I am able to control Garageband software instruments with any of my MIDI keyboards.

Should not have wasted the $12 on the cheap generic MIDI to USB on Ebay. Sometimes it just pays to buy the name brand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.