Xcode4 and MS Visual C++

Reaction score
I just started my programming class in my university and they are using Visual C++. I have a MacBook and would like to write on Xcode4. Can I do this? or any other opinions??e.g: bootcamp windows for visual c++?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This really depends on the programming that you're doing in the class. Your best bet is to ask your professor/instructor. They would be able to answer this question better than anyone else here will.

OP
Y
Reaction score
This really depends on the programming that you're doing in the class. Your best bet is to ask your professor/instructor. They would be able to answer this question better than anyone else here will.
I just sent an email to my professor....but I don't think he know what is xcode4...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Your best bet is to ask your professor/instructor. They would be able to answer this question better than anyone else here will.

Smart money is on your professor having no idea what a Mac is

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you doing C++ programming or Win32/MFC programming? If the former, then Visual Studio and Xcode are just IDE's that will work fine, if the latter than you will need a Windows machine to do your work.

Regards

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Smart money is on your professor having no idea what a Mac is

A Professor teaching programming not knowing what a Mac is huh? You REALLY think that's even possible?

Regards

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I use Xcode in my programming courses. As long as it's not windows specific programming it should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
A Professor teaching programming not knowing what a Mac is huh? You REALLY think that's even possible?

Regards

Once AGES ago I was trying to talk to a professor about my Mac and he was COMPLETELY disinterested.

I've found a lot of these guys can get get SO single tracked minded on what they are doing and ONLY what they are doing. A few of them who work with open source stuff will not even acknowledged the existence of anything that is any other way.

May have been a bit hasty in my response though. They're not all like that thankfully, here's hoping you've got one of more open minded ones.

Did you get an results with your original problem btw?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.