PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS!

iWhat
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
The Nintendo 3DS U.S. launch is arriving on March 27th. Is anyone getting a Nintendo 3DS? What games are you excited to have or wish would be added to the Nintendo 3DS game line-up? Any features you are looking forward to?

Nintendo 3DS - Official Website at Nintendo (http://www.nintendo.com/3ds)

Mac Mad
03-23-2011, 12:46 PM
its FAKE its not 3d it just has a bit of depth to it

Feniks80
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll be buying one. I will be buying Zelda 64, Mario Kart, Metal Gear and Street Fighter IV. :D

robduckyworth
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
I want to see how it works before I dive in.

the8thark
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I'll be buying one. I will be buying Zelda 64

I own Zelda 64 (called Zelda Ocarina of Time actually) on N64 gold first edition cart, and was given it again as a later release grey cart and I also bought the Zelda collectors Edition disc for gamecube (also plays on the Wii) and that has ZOOT on it ANd I also have it from the Wiiware store as a download. So do I need ZOOT a 5th time? Probably not.

I might get a N3DS. But only after I get a new chair and a new TB imac. They are most important. And with my limited funds they are the priorities.

Feniks80
03-24-2011, 06:06 AM
I own Zelda 64 (called Zelda Ocarina of Time actually) on N64 gold first edition cart, and was given it again as a later release grey cart and I also bought the Zelda collectors Edition disc for gamecube (also plays on the Wii) and that has ZOOT on it ANd I also have it from the Wiiware store as a download. So do I need ZOOT a 5th time? Probably not.

I might get a N3DS. But only after I get a new chair and a new TB imac. They are most important. And with my limited funds they are the priorities.

I only have ZOoT for the N64. I didn't get a Gamecube, because PS2 was the better option back in 2001, so no ZOoT there. I didn't get a Wii because of it's limitations, i have a mini gym (treadmil, elliptical, various ab benches and weights), so i choose to go with a PS3. The last time i played ZOoT was sometime in the late 90's early 00's (10 years give or take), i like the idea of having a portable version.

Kevriano
03-24-2011, 07:11 AM
I have had a demo in the local game shop. It's clever for sure, but not worth changing my DS for, nor the iPod Touch for that matter. I spend more time gaming on that than anywhere else to be honest (blast you Angry Birds!)

robduckyworth
03-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I have had a demo in the local game shop. It's clever for sure, but not worth changing my DS for, nor the iPod Touch for that matter. I spend more time gaming on that than anywhere else to be honest (blast you Angry Birds!)

What is it like? is it the same as when you look at a 3D TV with glasses on?

Kevriano
03-24-2011, 08:38 AM
What is it like? is it the same as when you look at a 3D TV with glasses on?

Not really, no. Hard to explain really, but, as someone suggested, it's like a normal game with depth to it, and clever, because looking at a 3D Tv with the glasses the image really jumps out of you. This doesn't look like that, kind of the reverse, the 3D is in the screen. Hope that makes some sense.
If there's a Gamestation near you they should have one.

robduckyworth
03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
ah, i might go into it tomorrow on the way home. i understand what you mean, kind of like the screen itself is box, that sort of depth?

it would be a bit of a novelty for a while, but then soon enough i will get bored of the DS, as everyone does. i might buy the new PSP when that comes out.

Audio.Trench
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was trying to pull off, except in color.

Kevriano
03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was like, except in color.

And with way more resolution, but yeah! God, that thing was horrendous, gave you a migraine after 5 minutes.

@Rob, Yep, that kind of thing.

a.j.c.
03-24-2011, 09:52 AM
N64 is/was my favorite console system..thus the pic as my avitar lol

with that said i voted for No..i won't be getting one

i don't play much games anymore and the ones i download from the appstore are enough to fill the crave when i need to play something

Moss
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Nintendo Talks Future 3DS Upgrade Possibilities | Wired GameLife (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/03/nintendo-3ds-chat-hideki-konno/)

“We want to get software out to as many people as possible, and there are some people who just can’t see 3-D,” said Konno when asked about this demo. “We’re moving away from any stance that says if you don’t use the 3-D functionality you can’t play this game.”

also

Nintendo backs away from 3DS games that require 3D, others may follow | ArsTechnica (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/nintendo-backs-away-from-3ds-games-that-require-3d-others-may-follow.ars)

I think this 3D business is sort of getting out of hand. I played with a demo unit for a half hour or so, and I'm really not a fan. It doesn't hurt my eyes or anything, but it just seems like a novelty more than anything. The Wii felt that way for me too. I actually got the Wii on the first day it launched, and the "fun-ness" of motion controlled gaming wore off quickly.

I doubt I'll be buying. I'm more interested in the NGP from Sony.

iWhat
03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I had the game gold cartridge of Ocarina of Time, too. Just an awesome game all around. I still have it, but I'm reminded of awful situation every time I see it. I lent it to a person in high school, and they ruined the label on the game as if they were playing hockey with it...

Funny thing is, I found this cool cheat, where you could replace items in your inventory with jars. So I'd replace the majority of my useless items with jars and catch fairies with them. But when I got to the last boss in the game, I actually didn't have the item I needed to beat the guy being that I replaced the item with A JAR! So I never bothered to redo the game.

I do have the Gamecube version, but I wanted to play it on the Wii console. But I can't save games to my old Gamecube memory card with it, or something to that effect.

So I'm actually looking forward to owning the game a third time with the 3DS! :P

iWhat
03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Sounds like it's going to be what the Virtual Boy was trying to pull off, except in color.

That was the only Nintendo console I never got as a spoiled child, at the time. I remember playing it at Toy r Us, and not being able to play it for long, cause others wanted a turn. :/ I remember Wario being popular on the Virtual Boy.

iWhat
03-24-2011, 11:42 PM
N64 is/was my favorite console system..thus the pic as my avitar lol

with that said i voted for No..i won't be getting one

i don't play much games anymore and the ones i download from the appstore are enough to fill the crave when i need to play something

They are porting quite a few games from the N64. I think that's the majority of the reason why I'm a bit more excited for this release more than past ones.

I was really excited to know that Pilotwings was going to the line-up. I played that game religiously, until my eyes were red.

I'm really hoping for a Banjo-Kazooie game. That would totally make my day.

robduckyworth
03-25-2011, 04:37 AM
Lylat Wars, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye! come on Nintendo, if you port the original 007 i might just buy it.

the8thark
03-25-2011, 05:38 AM
Lylat Wars, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye! come on Nintendo, if you port the original 007 i might just buy it.
Yes yes and yes. Those were 3 awesome N64 games. Add in Jet Force Gemini which was also awesome and you have a sale from me.

Kevriano
03-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Pilotwings might sway me! Didn't know that was coming, but they really should make a Wii version to be fair.
I also played it to death.

robduckyworth
03-25-2011, 05:59 AM
is jet force gemini the one with aliens in it, or the one about space bikes?

Feniks80
03-25-2011, 06:45 AM

Goldeneye with updated graphics and online play. :D

Buzzard2010
03-25-2011, 06:52 AM

I still have my N64 :) the only game I have for it is Zelda Ocarina of Time, it is actually the only reason I kept the console. :D

- Simon

the8thark
03-25-2011, 07:37 AM
is jet force gemini the one with aliens in it, or the one about space bikes?

With aliens.
Jet Force Gemini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Force_Gemini)

And while you're at it, add in Perfect Dark also on the N64 if I remember correctly.

robduckyworth
03-25-2011, 07:48 AM
thats the one, absolutely brilliant, if i remember correctly.

Audio.Trench
03-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Can't forget about Turok.. Even the first one alone blows the newest next-gen version away.

robduckyworth
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
right, i have just tested it out (im in McDonalds atm). its good, but you have to be exactly straight on with it. if you look at it at an angle it starts to go weird.

a.j.c.
03-25-2011, 04:29 PM
They are porting quite a few games from the N64. I think that's the majority of the reason why I'm a bit more excited for this release more than past ones.

I was really excited to know that Pilotwings was going to the line-up. I played that game religiously, until my eyes were red.

I'm really hoping for a Banjo-Kazooie game. That would totally make my day.

banjo-kazooie was a great game..one of the best.

the classics were my favorite like mario64,both zelda's mario kart etc but i remember the first turok dinosaur hunter being way ahead of it's time

the system had one great game after another..golden eye was fantastic

iggibar
03-26-2011, 01:34 AM
My favorite N64 game is Conkers Bad Fur Day! One of the best games ever made imo.

As for the 3DS, I got to play with it today at Best Buy. The 3D part of it was nice, but I absolutely hated how moving your head in any other angle would give you a horrid image.When looking at the screen dead on, the 3D flying airplane game demo was actually pretty frikin cool!But, $250 for that??? I think that's a bit much...considering how cheap it felt. In comparison, the PSP(thicker version), that was next to it, looked really expensive, even though it was only $130!

iWhat
03-27-2011, 12:17 AM
I randomly came across this guy who made a song on his Nintendo DS. I thought I'd share, since it's appropriate for this thread. :P

YouTube - KORG DS-10 PLUS: 'Live Mixing (Artist Showcase)' By Anthony Seeha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXTyMxM5vuY)