Mounting Windows Side of Hybridized CD.

Reaction score
Can someone help me please? I was tampering with terminal and now when I open my War2BNE CD (and just that CD) my desktop resets like I just quit Finder.

I'm a big Warcraft junkie. I've been playing those games since I was a kid. Over the winter I found my Warcraft 2 Battle.net CD and had to play it. Long story short I found Crossover Games and decided to give another go at getting the game to run. Except instead of getting it to run I made the CD restart Finder every time I try to open it.

I through google/crossovers forums I found these two articles:

Support Library - CodeWeavers
Mount CD-ROMs as a Windows user would see them - Mac OS X Hints

However codeweavers didn't work at all so I went to the macworld article.

I've followed it as best I could but this what I did and what I was told to do started diverging. Here's the exact steps I took once the article and I started doing other things.

Next, type
Code:
mount
and press Return. The mount command with no options will show a list of all mounted filesystems. The one I'm interested is MAPLE12:

Code:
/dev/disk1s0 on /Volumes/MAPLE12 (hfs, local, nodev, nosuid, read-only, noowners)

The device name is
Code:
/dev/disk1s0
, and it's mounted at node
Code:
/Volumes/MAPLE12
, and it's using the hfs option.

Now type
Code:
sudo umount MAPLE12
and provide your password when asked. umount unmounts the CD from the file system, but doesn't eject it. To verify this, type ls and verify that MAPLE12 disappeared from the desktop and /Volumes.

So this was my first problem. I could not dismount my CD (War2BNE CD). Every time I tried I would get this error
Code:
60-33-4b-2-54-6d:Volumes [Admin]$ sudo umount War2BNE CD
umount: War2BNE: not currently mounted
umount: CD: not currently mounted

I also tried
Code:
sudo umount /Volumes/War2BNE CD
and got the same type of error.

So I decided to get around that by dismounting the CD using the disk identifier. So then I got this
60-33-4b-2-54-6d:Volumes [Admin]$ sudo umount /dev/disk1s1s2

It worked and I got the CD dismounted. However I think this is where I went wrong first. Going back though I couldn't umount anything from /Volumes though so I'm not sure. My next step was to remount it on it's windows side

I typed
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/War2

Then:
Code:
60-33-4b-2-54-6d:Volumes [Admin]$ mount cd9660 -er /dev/disk1s1s2 /Volumes/War2

and got this :

Code:
usage: mount [-dfruvw] [-o options] [-t ufs | external_type] special node
       mount [-adfruvw] [-t ufs | external_type]
       mount [-dfruvw] special | node

That's where I stopped. I was supposed to use this code however:
Code:
mount_cd9660 -er /dev/disk1s1s2 /Volumes/War2

There was supposed to be an underscore between mount and cd9660 but it wouldn't accept it. It would give me this message.
Code:
60-33-4b-2-54-6d:Volumes [Admin]$ mount_cd9660 -er /dev/disk1s1s2 /Volumes/War2/System/Library/Extensions/cd9660.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not privileged; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
mount_cd9660: No such file or directory

During this process I ejected the disk and reinserted it several times. One time I decided to view the contents and that's when it reset my Finder. All the files on the desktop disappear as well as any windows open. Then they come back as if I was force quitting Finder.

Does anyone know how to at fix this? If someone could help me finish the hybridization switch so Crossover can read the files on the CD I would be most appreciative but at the very least I need to fix whatever it is I broke.

Thanks, Skein

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.