Syncing iphone4 to macbook

Reaction score
My iPhone4 is currently synced to my PC and I would like to sync it to my macbook pro. I have iTunes installed on both the PC & Macbook. I shared the music library (from my PC) over my wireless network to import the music into the iTunes on my macbook.
I have a couple of questions.
Is this enough to do?
How can I sync my iphone to my macbook without losing any of my text messages/contacts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Your macbook is smart enough to back up the iPhone and save your contacts/texts on it's own. Just plug it in and sync it to the new library. I just did it yesterday.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok...did it tell you it was going to erase everything? I'm just nervous to loose everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Yeah, it gave me the "this iPhone is synced to another library. Syncing to this library, blah blah, delete, blah blah" message. It backups the iPhone before it syncs.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks!
It worked...messed up some of my playlists, so I just manually updated them.
Thanks for the moral support.

Reaction score
Apps?

What about your Apps, did they get backed up, or erased? I recently wiped my Mac clean, and reinstalled OS X on it, but have yet to Sync it to my "new" library... Now that I know I will not lose my contacts, I am going to do so tonight, but will I lose all my Apps?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Thread moved to correct forum.

Reaction score
I hate to ask this, but would you be able to explain how you synced your iPhone contacts to your Outlook 2011? I was looking around last night, and could not figure it out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.