Core Audio SDK Code Examples

Reaction score
Hi. Can somebody please tell me where I can acquire the code samples from the Core Audio SDK? I think Core Audio is now included with Xcode but the Core Audio documentation still claims you can download the SDK seperately when you can't.

I would like to get started in doing some audio programming on my Mac and iPod but I can't because I can't load the examples that the documentation refers to.

If anybody can point me to a link or would be kind enough to let me download a ZIP of the source examples I would really appreciate it. I've been in touch with Apple - they were of little help - they provided me with a link to the Core Audio Overview document.. which of course I already have.

Cheers
Sparky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks but already gave that a try. It doesn't yield many helpful results. For example, the SDK documentation refers to a SimpleSDK/Playfile sample program - I can't find that anywhere.

I don't just want to be able to play an MP3 etc, I'd like to be able to play simultaneous PCM data and manipulate the data in different ways - ie. speed up/slow down the sound data as you would in a classic MOD tracker type program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.