Dropping colour

Reaction score
Had my apple tv2 now for a couple of weeks and it keeps dropping the colour, its goes to a magenta like colour.
Did a few searches and it seems that the latest update should of cured this problem. Updated thinking this would be the end of the problem, but it still keeps dropping the colour. I then tried to update the tv but it had the latest update already.
Anyone have any suggestions or is there something I'm missing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Had my apple tv2 now for a couple of weeks and it keeps dropping the colour, its goes to a magenta like colour.
Did a few searches and it seems that the latest update should of cured this problem. Updated thinking this would be the end of the problem, but it still keeps dropping the colour. I then tried to update the tv but it had the latest update already.
Anyone have any suggestions or is there something I'm missing.

The ATV2 has this problem with certain Sony and Phillips TV sets. See this article:
Apple TV Owners Reporting Color Issues With Several Sony and Philips TVs

There's some debate over whether or not this is a problem with the ATV2, or a bug in Sony's handling of HDMI signals. One potential solution that works for some people is to change the option for "HDMI Output" in the ATV2's settings to "RGB High".
Apple TV2 - HDMI Issues Colour inversion HDMI Issue - AVForums.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.