Wireless Keyboard for iPad 2

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to buy the iPad 2 when it is released in the UK next week and I also want to get a wireless keyboard to use with it.

However, after buying the iPad 2 I definitely won't have another £60 or whatever to spend on an Apple wireless keyboard.

Will any old wireless keyboard work with it or will it have to be an Apple wireless keyboard??

Any known cheaper alternatives?

Cheers,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My understanding is that the Apple wireless keyboard was specifically designed for the iPad. I realize that £60 is a lot to pay for it, but it may be that other less expensive wireless keyboards will not work correctly.

Why don't you hang on for a bit and wait to see what third party resellers have to offer? There's a myriad of accessories that are being made available for the iPad 2 every week. And who knows, you may get used to the on screen keyboard and decide you don't need an external.

OP
N
Reaction score
Ye, that's good advice. I'm sure the on screen keyboard will suffice for a few weeks/months to see what else is out there.

Cheers.

Reaction score
I have the onscreen on my iPhone 4. I like the tactile feel of a screen like the slide out qwerty LG phone I used to have. But aside from that maybe the larger keys on the onscreen on the iPad will make it ok to use without a bluetooth keyboard?

C

chas_m

There are loads (and loads, and loads) of third-party Bluetooth keyboards that have all the iPad-particular function keys (like Home) and such at almost any price point you care to name that's more than $20 and less than $200.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.