Feedback problem when using Mainstage 2 live!

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to use Mainstage 2 as a vocal mixer instead of buying thousands of dollars worth of hardware, (aren't we all) but i'm having this unrelenting issue where Mainstage is causing uncontrollable feedback. Here's my rig:

2 Mics --> Apogee Duet (input) --> Mainstage 2 --> Apogee Duet (output) --> Powerplay Pro XL 4 Channel Headphone Amplifier --> Speakers

I'm using the headphone outs as mono inputs to 4 speakers. (It's all I got)

Now, i KNOW the Powerplay Pro XL is NOT the problem simply because I've tried Apogee direct to the speakers; still that horrid scream. I've also tried running the mics through a Mackie 1202-VLZ PRO 4 Channel Mixer FIRST and THEN into Apogee --> Mainstage --> yadda yadda. Still no luck.

and i also KNOW that its not the speakers OR the microphones because when i cut out my computer all together and just run the mics from the Mackie board to the speakers, hallelujah! No feedback!... but no processing either! Which is unacceptable.

I NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
Somebody please help me! Bless me with your vaster-than-I knowledge!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.