Airport Express 1264 and OS 10.4

Reaction score
So i just bought a brand new Airport Express model 1264 started reading the setup instructions and the booklet says I need 10.5.7
Great, so my older ibook with 10.4 Leopard installed and can't go any further won't work with this? Does anybody know?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Im pretty sure 10.5 is leopard and 10.4 is Tiger.

If your ibook meets these requirements then you will have to go out and buy leopard to run your Airport express:

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard requires:

A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or Power PC G4 (867 MHz or faster) processor
512 MB memory or more
A DVD drive for installation
9 GB of available disk space or more
Some features require a compatible Internet service provider, fees may apply.
Some features require Apple's MobileMe service; fees apply

OP
H
Reaction score
Of course, you are right. i meant to say Tiger. Really sucks that Tiger won't work with this Airport Express, but at least my daughter's laptop will work with it. Time for a new puter for Dad. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Your welcome for the reply sorry its probably not what you wanted to hear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.