New to iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro / G4 / ipod
I've been a mac user for years but i've only just got my first iphone today. Can i start using it straight away from the box without hooking it up to itunes first? It's a 3gs and i'm running tiger which doesn't have the latest itunes on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Go to AT&T or Verizon, you should be able to use it without syncing to iTunes. If you ordered it from Apple, than you have to syncing it. But at the stores, they'll turn it on for you to authenticate, and make sure the device is working. I was able to use my iPhone after I got it from AT&T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've been a mac user for years but i've only just got my first iphone today. Can i start using it straight away from the box without hooking it up to itunes first? It's a 3gs and i'm running tiger which doesn't have the latest itunes on it.

You have to hook it up to iTunes to activate the phone on your cell account unless the folks in the store already did it for you. Self activation is easy and takes about 30 seconds to complete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.