Time capsule and Disk Warrior?

Reaction score
hello --

i recently had the much dreaded "internal disk needs repair" problem with my time capsule. i ended up opening the device, connecting a SATA cable and running disk warrior. everything was fixed and worked flawlessly, which i am quite happy about.

however, what i do not understand is why i had to open the device and use a SATA cable to mount it in the first place? if you have done the procedure you will know that the drive then shows multiple mountable partitions, which you won't usually see if you just mount the airdisk in the finder. it would be much easier to fix such a problem if there was a way to run disk warrior over wifi (slow probably) or even an ethernet cable. may be it is a limitation of disk warrior, but is anyone aware of an application that can repair disk issues and recognize the partitions over wifi or ethernet?

thank you in advance,
z.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.