iPhone jailbreaking problem

bnk

Reaction score
hey folks, I just got an iPhone 4 as my 21st birthday gift and I was psyched as ****. i was itching to just jailbreak it and get all sorts of crazy apps. Plus i live in pakistan so i was thinking of unlocking it too. The thing is, the first time i turned my phone on it seemed to have been unlocked and jailbroken already. My friend pointed it out after seeing cydia on my phone (at this point i didnt know **** about jailbreaking and unlocking iphones). Knowing my iphone was jailbroken my friend told me to download installous 4.0 and i'd be able to download all sorts of apps directly on my iphone. My friend ended up downloading installous 4.0 on my iphone and installed it. After installing installous the phone asked to be rebooted, which i obviously allowed. After that reboot the phone was stuck on the apple logo for 2 days. So i read up online and decided to restore my iphone to 4.3 iOS, being scared that my iphone was bricked. Well, i was wrong about that, the phone works - its just stuck on the emergency call (which im guessing is because of it being locked). I know there is a tethered jail break for 4.3 iOS, but i dont choose to follow that. My question is there a way for me to downgrade to 4.2 iOS, knowing my iphone is stuck at the emergency call? Please any help will be appreciated. Im sorry im a complete noob at this, please i need some sort of direction.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My question is there a way for me to downgrade to 4.2 iOS, knowing my iphone is stuck at the emergency call? Please any help will be appreciated. Im sorry im a complete noob at this, please i need some sort of direction.

The only way to do so if you've taken a step to save the SHSH blob remotely. This is done via Cydia from what I understand, but isn't something I have done or know much about otherwise. Here's a tutorial:
Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, iOS 4.1 (iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, iPad) | iPhoneHeat

Here's another method:
Download iOS 4.3 and Steps to Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

And finally….

Let me google that for you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Why not use the tethered jailbreak? Works fine as long as you get it froma reputable source.

Reaction score
Also...

In the future, try not using Installous.

It is buggy, and its just plain stealing

OP
B

bnk

Reaction score
Why not use the tethered jailbreak? Works fine as long as you get it froma reputable source.

well ive read many posts saying its buggy and a real hassle. I just found out they released greenpoison rc7 that has a tethered jailbreak for ios 4.3. Is that true because i read another post saying it was a lie?

OP
B

bnk

Reaction score
The only way to do so if you've taken a step to save the SHSH blob remotely. This is done via Cydia from what I understand, but isn't something I have done or know much about otherwise. Here's a tutorial:
Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, iOS 4.1 (iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, iPad) | iPhoneHeat

Here's another method:
Download iOS 4.3 and Steps to Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

And finally….

Let me google that for you

never saved the SHSH blob. Didnt even know about it when i got my iphone and started tinkering with it. I know that was a bad decision, however im going through the second link you posted, might be of some help. thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.