iPhone 3Gs having trouble picking up wifi signal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
This just happened in the last week or so, but my iPhone 3Gs will only get the wifi signal if it's within a few feet of the router, basically right next to it:Angry-Tongue:. I know it's not the router because my wife's iPhone and the computers in the house get the signal just fine. I researched this a little and found some people had firmware issues, but this didn't start after an update, just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has any ideas on how to help it.
TIA for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
my best guess is to reset the network settings.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
OK, I went to Settings>General>Network, but I don't see an option to reset.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, Figured out how to reset network settings and did, no luck, also reset the phone entirely and synced, again no luck. Think i need a new wifi receiver? Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.