Complete Newbie Question

Reaction score
Hello. How are we? Good.

Hopefully I've posted this in the right section.

I'm after advice with a range of things, from buying to networking. I'm a voiceover artist, currently running a PC setup but wanting to switch over to Mac. I'm thinking of a Mac Pro with a MacBook Pro for any editing of sound files I need to do on the move (or when I can't be bothered sitting in my office). I'm probably going to have ProTools and other similar things installed on both systems for this purpose.

Thing is, though - I'm not exactly sure what I need to be buying.

I want to have a network in my home office - something I can access relatively big files (audio and video) from any of my machines, without a host computer having to be necessarily turned on, wasting power.

As it's a home office, it'd also be beneficial to have this low-power unit hosting my iTunes library, too - so I can access all my library again without having to turn a host computer on.

Does this make sense? Is there anything I can buy that'd help me with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
An Aiport Extreme Base would be a good start! :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - so on top of my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro I'd also need an Airport Extreme Base and a NAS drive? I take it that I would need to get one that supports iTunes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.