PDA

View Full Version : Movie Characters

robduckyworth
03-11-2011, 10:37 PM
I was watching the Phantom Menace yesterday, and i had truly forgot what a terrible character Jar Jar Binks was.

so whats your favourite and least favourite Movie Character?

Favourite: the guy Liam Neeson plays in "Taken"

Least: Jar Jar Binks. without a shadow of a doubt.

Kevriano
03-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Haha, Jar Jar is seriously annoying, but then the whole film is poor anyway. Not a big SW fan mind you. Neeson is great in that film.

Favorite: Ordell Roby (Sam Jackson in Jackie Brown) - so cool.

Least (not because of being annoying, but because I wanted him to meet his end from the start): Tim Roth's character in Rob Roy - which actually shows how good Roth was.

IvanLasston
03-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Favorite: Either Kaiser Soze or Tyler Durden - Probably Kaiser Soze.

Least Favorite: Jar Jar and the Korean Caricatures were annoying. Otherwise the rest of that movie was alright. I may have to go with the twin ghetto robots in Transformers 2.

Kevriano
03-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Favorite: Either Kaiser Soze or Tyler Durden - Probably Kaiser Soze.

Least Favorite: Jar Jar and the Korean Caricatures were annoying. Otherwise the rest of that movie was alright. I may have to go with the twin ghetto robots in Transformers 2.

Good choices, both! I hate those robots, ruined the film.

robduckyworth
03-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Same, i'm not big on SW. just put it on cause i got a bit bored.

Liam Neeson is a great actor, but only in a few areas; typically one where he has alot of power or strength.

im shamed to say I have not seen either Jackie brown or Rob Roy, i will get on it soon.

agreed on the robots thing, but i think i was able to ignore them ;)

Spang
03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Favorite: Raymond Babbitt

Least Favorite: Caledon 'Cal' Hockley

Kevriano
03-14-2011, 01:37 PM
im shamed to say I have not seen either Jackie brown or Rob Roy, i will get on it soon.

Oh Jackie Brown is an awesome film. You must see it asap.
Rob Roy too really, and Neeson again is excellent in it.

robduckyworth
03-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I'll get it watched soon. when i have a bit more money to throw around... unless one of my friends has it.

i watched Contact yesterday (largely due to Doug b's "guess what i am watching" thread) and thoroughly enjoyed it. great soundtrack on that film aswell.

clive12
03-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh Jackie Brown is an awesome film. You must see it asap.

Yep agreed its a great film but then Elmore Leonard is one of those rare writers who work translate perfectly to screen.

Doug b
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
I really think that this question needs to have an option for multiple answers, based on movie genre. After all, your prerequisites for liking or disliking a character are based upon many different things. And fiction/fantasy vs non fiction etc.. have a different criteria set when building upon said characters.

That said... This is a very difficult question! For instance, while I hate Jar Jar to death... I didn't like the movie enough to even consider using it as an example. I'd first have to like a movie, and then name a character who ruined it for me. And man... there are just SO many movies to consider!

Doug

robduckyworth
03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
ahah okay doug, in terms of sci-fi films (as i took star wars) what is you least favourite?