PDA

View Full Version : New Attraction at Australian Resorts?

RavingMac
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I hesitated posting this with what is going on in Japan, and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

We don't generally look at fishing as a terribly hazardous sport over here (unless you mix too many beers and a high-powered bass boat). But, our friends down under seem to have developed fishing into an extreme sport.

Croc bites off fisherman's finger in Australia - Travel - News - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42011197/ns/travel-news/)

Glad things turned out okay for this guy. BTW, and not intending to laugh at his expense. Just brought home to me how different things can be other places. The worst thing that ever happened to me on a fishing trip was getting a hook stuck in my thumb.

RavingMac
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Several views and no replies makes me wonder if this post was offensive (I like to have fun, but tend to worry that I might offend someone unintentionally).

If, so, it would not hurt my feelings in anyway for the Mods to remove it. I honestly had second thoughts about the post when I considered how badly it could have turned out and that the guy was injured. Not generally one to laugh at other's expense.

pigoo3
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Several views and no replies makes me wonder if this post was offensive (I like to have fun, but tend to worry that I might offend someone unintentionally).

I didn't find it offensive. There's always good things & bad going on in the world.

Maybe most of the responses will come from our Australian friends...and due to the time difference...haven't been online yet.

- Nick

RavingMac
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I didn't find it offensive. There's always good things & bad going on in the world.

Maybe most of the responses will come from our Australian friends...and due to the time difference...haven't been online yet.

- Nick

Thanks Nick,
We all have our quirks and this is one of mine. Appreciate the feedback.

Sidenote: beautiful cool and sunny day here and short work day means a long run around the lakes this afternoon! :)

harryb2448
03-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Nah it ain't offensive. Perhaps what was offensive was the attitude of the guy fishing in known croc waters on his lonesome!

CrimsonRequiem
03-11-2011, 06:52 PM
He was lucky getting away with what just happened to him. It could have been a lost worst.

The two comments on the article in the link were more offensive. >_<"