Adobe Lightroom 3 is $99... expires tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
For anybody interested in purchasing Lightroom 3, which is normally $300 you have to call (promo code doesn't work with the online store)

1-800-5850774 and use this code "FEB99LR" Unfortunately it expires Tomorrow, March 11. I got this information from nikoncafe.com.. which I go to as often as this forum, so it's trusted very highly. People there have ordered this way and confirmed that the code is good. Wish I had heard of this earlier.. sorry!

Doug

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Tried it - too bad it's a promotion for Photoshop Elements users - had to have an Elements license to get it for that price. But, hey, it was worth a shot. I put the notion forth that maybe they should consider an Aperture users promotion.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I don't own Elements. The woman on the phone I spoke with asked if I owned it, and I said no. She also asked if I had an Adobe I.D. to which I said, yes because I downloaded the online Photoshop app for the iPhone (which was a while ago).

She made no mention that any of that actually mattered. I clearly stated that I did NOT own Elements and she acknowledged that. Moreover, the people who put the promo up at the Nikon Cafe did not mention anything about this. Perhaps you should just try again and maybe get an adobe ID ? That's whacky though.. I just called American Express and confirmed that there's a pending post for $114 (tax and shipping for the box).

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A few examples of people's experiences:

Just ordered my copy. Thanks for the code.

It was funny the first time I called the rep either knew nothing about the code or played dumb. He made me take him to this website and show him where I found it, asked what I was after by using the software etc. I wasn't drilled on it but he asked me more questions then I asked him. I told him I needed to get the wifes approval and he stated to ask for him when I called back. Apparently they work on commission. No problem I thought.

I talk to the wife she says sure get it. Call him back an hour later. He sounds tired, doesn't recall who I was, and states he doesn't recall since he is getting a lot of calls on this promo. Second call I didn't even need to provide the code #.

I'm with the Adobe chat-bot right now and he refused the promotional code...
"Robert: That promo code is invalid and you cannot use the promo code that has been used by the other person."

My first post--I've been a lurker here for a while--I want to thank the OP for bringing this special on Lightroom 3 to our attention. I just ordered--with a real person, not a chat-bot--with no problems, he didn't even ask for the discount code although I told him I had it. He did ask a lot a questions about how I was going to use the software.

Anyway--Thank You!

Well I called in person and connected with a happy helpful fella. 5 minutes later I have LR3 for $99 !! He did try a "light" sales pitch for PS, but cheerfully backed off. And our Canadian dollar exchange is pretty sweet right now! I wonder why the promo is so cheap? Could the PP software sales be reaching a saturation point?

Thanks a lot for sharing it..i have just ordered mine..no catch..its a great deal

Were I you, I'd try again with a different rep.

Doug

Reaction score
You can download OEM versions of Adobe products from this website Adobe Software and Lightroom 3 is only $99.00, no promo code needed.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can download OEM versions of Adobe products from this website Adobe Software and Lightroom 3 is only $99.00, no promo code needed.

Sorry, not interested in pirated / illegal software. Or, in giving my money to thieves and hackers instead of the people that spent the time developing the software.

It's discussion and/or dissemination on this forum is, also, not allowed.

Edit: before you ask how do I know it's illegal?
The first key to that is that you're not allowed to register any of the software they sell.

Reaction score
Sorry, not interested in pirated / illegal software.

It's discussion and/or dissemination on this forum is, also, not allowed.

Edit: before you ask how do I know it's illegal?
The first key to that is that you're not allowed to register any of the software they sell.

If I thought it was illegal or pirated software I would have not posted this information. I was a bit skeptical about the very low prices and read the FAQ page here: FAQ and thought how can a company except credit card orders and have a product website if it was illegal?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They are located in Russia, where a lot of stuff goes on that is illegal in the rest of the world.

Please do not post another link to that site.

I have already read their terms and conditions, faqs and support pages.

Thanks

Here's a quick tutorial on ways to spot the scammers - Link.

Reaction score
Like I said if I thought it was pirated I wouldn't have posted it but I guess it was to good of a price to be true. I just wonder how they can get away with it if it's illegal...

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like I said if I thought it was pirated I wouldn't have posted it but I guess it was to good of a price to be true. I just wonder how they can get away with it if it's illegal...

Either you're lying through your teeth, or the answer to your question is obvious: They get away with it by finding suckers whom are willing to give out their credit card information, and evade the actual legality of selling pirated wares by residing in another country. If you're one of those suckers, I'd seriously consider contacting your credit card company and tell them to change your account info and get another card.

In any case, I'd love to request that this thread be closed, since the offer is no longer valid, and I can't see it going anywhere good at this point. Amazing that people can be so dense in this day and age... which is why I opt to not believe most of them when they claim to not know when something is illegal.

Doug

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.