Exporting mp3

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm a bit behind times when it comes to I tunes. Any how, I bought a new radio for my boat, and it has a sd slot to play mp3s. I looked, but can not find a way to export mp3s out of I tunes?
I am using the version that came on my power mac g4. osx 10.4.11
Can any one help me out here?
Thank You,
Ken (an old dude)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can simply drag and drop the tunes from the iTunes window onto the SD card when it's connected to the Mac.
So plug the SD card into a reader, and it will mount on the desktop as an HD icon, and then from the iTunes window, pick the songs you want and drag them to the SD Card. That's it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you, but will it export as a mp3?
Also, I should format the card first. I have never found a way to do this on my mac.
Can anyone help me with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes it will export as MP3, no problem there. Ypu could also just drag the files from the folders in your iTunes music library.
Do not format the card. It will be FAT32 by default, and that's just fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
You could also just drag the files from the folders in your iTunes music library.

This is what I did the first try, and was only able to get 3 songs on a 128 mb card. Is that all a 128 card will hold?

It will not let me drag them from itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3 songs is not many, no, you should get more, unless your files are WAV and not MP3.
On average I would say you should get 20-30 on there, depending on bit rate/file size.
Strange that you can't drag from iTunes.
Is the SD card definitely empty? If so you could reformat it in Disk Utility.
Come back to me if you need to know how.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If the song is not in mp3 format, simply right click them and select "Create MP3 Version." If it instead says "Create AAC Version", go to iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings... > change Import Using to MP3 Encoder.

You should be able to fit much more than 3 songs onto a 128MB SD card assuming they are "regular length" (3 - 5 minutes). If you drag them to your Desktop, are they mp3 versions of the song? How long are they?

OP
C
Reaction score
If the song is not in mp3 format, simply right click them and select "Create MP3 Version." If it instead says "Create AAC Version", go to iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings... > change Import Using to MP3 Encoder.

You should be able to fit much more than 3 songs onto a 128MB SD card assuming they are "regular length" (3 - 5 minutes). If you drag them to your Desktop, are they mp3 versions of the song? How long are they?

Yes this was the trouble. They where the m4a format. Thank you, to both of you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.