PDA

View Full Version : How do I put my computer up for sale?

PTWarrior66
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I posted on here before about a broken backlight in my computer and have decided to try to sell it. The problem is it won't let me post in the buy/sell/trade thread. I don't exactly have the time to sit and have 1000 posts on here, does anyone know how many posts it takes to be able to post in the thread?

schweb
03-08-2011, 06:16 PM
That forum is meant as a convenience for our regular members. Sorry you don't feel you have the time to become part of the community, but that's how we do things.

PTWarrior66
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
That forum is meant as a convenience for our regular members. Sorry you don't feel you have the time to become part of the community, but that's how we do things.

How many posts does it take to become "part of the community"

Raz0rEdge
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Not something that's explicitly said..no one is going to buy a fairly expensive piece of electronics online from a member who only has a handful of posts and no "reputation" to speak of...

If you're in a hurry to sell, you're better of using things like Craigslist and selling locally..

Regards

schweb
03-08-2011, 06:39 PM

It takes many as it takes. ;D

harryb2448
03-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Or how long is a piece of string?

pigoo3
03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Printerman
03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
My teacher can one hand clap...

PTWarrior66
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh I see now. Useless posts to boost the post count, thanks guys!

PTWarrior66
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Not something that's explicitly said..no one is going to buy a fairly expensive piece of electronics online from a member who only has a handful of posts and no "reputation" to speak of...

If you're in a hurry to sell, you're better of using things like Craigslist and selling locally..

Regards
True true. I more or so wanted to test the waters to see what mine is worth since it's kind of broken, as I said the screen is broke but the computer works fine, I'm on it now and have been using it for well over a year with the light broke.

cwa107
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
True true. I more or so wanted to test the waters to see what mine is worth since it's kind of broken, as I said the screen is broke but the computer works fine, I'm on it now and have been using it for well over a year with the light broke.

Probably just a bad inverter. If you're handy with a screwdriver, it should be a $70 part and maybe an hour's worth of work.

PTWarrior66
03-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Nah like my mom dropped my luggage bag and the screen broke somehow, no damage to the computer itself (like internal bleeding). Apple quoted some ridiculous number, but I've gotten people who say that low nothing over $200. It's been broke for a year but I suck with computers so I haven't found myself trying to fix it.

cwa107
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Nah like my mom dropped my luggage bag and the screen broke somehow, no damage to the computer itself (like internal bleeding). Apple quoted some ridiculous number, but I've gotten people who say that low nothing over $200. It's been broke for a year but I suck with computers so I haven't found myself trying to fix it.

Third party repair options are going to be a lot more cost-effective. I would check into TechRestore.com and MacService.com. Both have had positive reviews by our members here.

PTWarrior66
11-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Well, I finally got fed up with it and on impulsive went out tonight and bought a new 13 inch mac book pro. Still trying to dump the old one to make up for a portion of the new one, I have no idea about any of the specifics on the computer, it's year, or any of the software. Is there a way to find this all out? It's going to be hard to sell without knowing anything about it, obviously.

All I know is it's probably an 07, has all the dreamweaver software stuff, works perfectly fine aside from the backlight being busted. 15 inch screen and I think it's 2.4 something.

What's a realistic price I can get for this? I already have someone interested, but don't know what to ask/accept as a price.

Thanks!

MacDude121
11-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Go to the apple logo and "About this Mac" then "More info" that should give you all the information you need to sell with it.