• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tradeshow Giveaways

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been approached by a IT company to come up with some ideas for tradeshow giveaways for an local I.T. convention. I am looking for a trinket that has that cool factor in the $5, $10, and $20 range. It must have the ability to either engrave or screen a company logo on it. What have you seen that had that "wow" factor?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Portable iPhone/iPad chargers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
2GB Thumb Drives?

OP
C
Reaction score
Well I like the charger idea best so far. Thumb drives are always useful but I think their "Wow" factor is non-existent. Maybe use those for the people just there for the free stuff and the chargers for potential new clients.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends on the thumb drive. There are some pretty awesome ones out there. Linky

Plus I would use the thumb drive if it was really cool and would see the company's logo on it all the time. Good advertising technique.

OP
C
Reaction score
I clicked on your link and those are some of the coolest USB drives I have seen.

Reaction score
I agree thumb drives are where it's at. I've attended CES a few times and you wouldn't belive the lines at the booths giving away thumb drives. The other thing very popular were the micro sd cards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.