Magic Wand from 12 south Cheap Plastic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I have bought many things from 12 South. In fact I just got their compass for the ipad a few days ago. it was extremely well made high grade aluminum. very solid and heavy. So in the end it was worth the money. I then bought a Magic Wand from 12 South. Thinking it was the same as the others. I wasnt to put off by paying 30 bucks if it was aluminum. I get it in the mail and its a tube of plastic. 30 dollars for a tube of plastic? lame. I would have never spent the money on the item if i knew it wasnt aluminum.

I have the product and it does work. it does make your trackpad seemless with your keyboard. I do not however believe its worth 30 bucks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
WOW...that's pretty disappointing!!!:( I posted a thread this past weekend regarding the "MagicWand" for the wireless Apple keyboard & Magic Trackpad (not sure if you saw it):

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/231346-magicwand-device.html

I also thought that the "MagicWand" was pretty expensive at $29.95...but I at least expected it to be made from heavy aluminum (just like the Apple products)...and because of the price.

Man...now I don't know if I want an expensive piece of plastic!:(

Thanks for the info,

- Nick

p.s I do remember seeing a video on the 12 South website for the MagicWand. And in the video (during installation) they show pushing the Magic Trackpad down & into the MagicWand device to attach it. When I saw the video...I thought that this was a strange way to do the install...since pushing the Magic TrackPad down & into the MagicWand (if it was made from heavy aluminum)...would really scratch up the Magic Trackpad. So if the MagicWand is made from plastic...that install video now makes more sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.