Verizon iPhone 4: No Internet Access although shows 3G

Reaction score
picked up the V-iP on Feb. 3rd. All went well with setups, synching, transfers, etc. I have been very satisfied with the phone until this week. For some reason, the internet or email could not be accessed. Each function that required web access froze up with the spinning status symbol showing and the battery drained rapidly in standby throughout the day (even though all apps were closed), more so than it ever had since owning it.

This has happen to me the last 4 days, When I power down the phone and
and power back up, all web access (and accumulated emails) returns

At this point I am beginning to become concerned. Is this a lemon that I have or has anyone else experienced this? I think that it is unreasonable to constantly have to 'reboot' the phone for dropped internet access.

I have updated my roaming privileges (via *228).

Anyone have any suggestions besides bringing it to apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried resetting the phone and reinstalling everything via iTunes?

OP
G
Reaction score
That is first on the list, but I am just looking for any other solutions first.

My phone is linked to my work exchange server, so my IT department will have to set it up again (they dont allow us to do it) and I am going away tomorrow for 8 days.

OP
G
Reaction score
The temporary solution is to toggle Airplane Mode on/off for 2 seconds, but I have to do this once a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I have the same problem!!! I have had to do the airplane mode trick each time I try to use 3G. If I am on a wi-fi network, the internet works fine, but once I'm away from my house I have to toggle Airplane mode to get the 3G to kick in. Please post if you find any solution!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.