PDA

View Full Version : Spiders cause Mazda Recall

Buzzard2010
03-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Spiders prompt itsy-bitsy Mazda recall - Yahoo! Cars (http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/04032011/36/spiders-prompt-itsy-bitsy-mazda-recall-0.html)

Is this the strangest car recall ever? Mazda has been forced to recall 65,000 of its saloon cars in the US, Canada and Mexico after spiders were discovered nesting in their fuel pipes.

- Simon

Lbatson21
03-04-2011, 12:16 PM
It's Arachnophobia all over again! Run! lol

Buzzard2010
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
HAHA it certainly could be!! ;)

- Simon

iggibar
03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Clearly, the fumes venting from it is something that the spiders are attracted to. I bet changing the actual lines won't help, unless they actually prevent them from getting in, but they will still nest around it. Must be a combination of the odors from the plastics mixing from the gas vapors that attracts them.

cwa107
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, add that as another one of the many reasons I will never buy another Mazda!

Kash
03-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Boy, am I glad I passed over the Mazda 6 and got the VW instead

Chris H.
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Clearly, the fumes venting from it is something that the spiders are attracted to. I bet changing the actual lines won't help, unless they actually prevent them from getting in, but they will still nest around it. Must be a combination of the odors from the plastics mixing from the gas vapors that attracts them.

Seeing as this only affects Mazda vehicles, and only one model made by Mazda (thus far), it seems that something Mazda did is what is attracting these spiders - which by the way are Yellow Sac spiders.

iggibar
03-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Seeing as this only affects Mazda vehicles, and only one model made by Mazda (thus far), it seems that something Mazda did is what is attracting these spiders - which by the way are Yellow Sac spiders.

Which is why I said it might be due to the combination of vapors from those materials, because that same exact vent line is used on other vehicles from Mazda and even Ford, but those vehicles aren't being recalled.