View Full Version : So I went with the iPad/iMac and am returning the ipad

03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I do love the iPad...it's cute, cool, and SUPER FUN!! But, I can't do some things on it that I need to be able to do- such as post a picture to my online class forum (I have the pics on the iPad, just can't get them into the post). So, I think I am going to return it and get a MacBook. I am sad, I like the iPad, and I LOVE that it's always on, no lid, it's unobtrusive and easy to toss into my purse. So i will certainly be mourning its loss....Unless anyone here has a better idea? :D

03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Is your online class forum different from this one in the way you post pictures? I'm asking because I can put a picture in my post using my iPad. I upload it to photobucket (FREE) and then copy the URL for that photo. Does that work on your online class forum? Or is it just literally impossible to do?

03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Ah, i don't know. I do have to hit the HTML button in order to post on the school forum. I don't use photo bucket, but I do Flickr...would that work?

03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't use Flickr so I can't help you there. Maybe someone else knows.

Did you try asking around on your school forum if anyone else uses an iPad to post pics?

03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I tried and it didn't work.
No one in either of my classes uses and iPad.
Ah well, macbook here I come. :)
I am sad to have to give up the iPad, but I have a tight budget.

03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Not sure how flexible your instructor is, but might you be able to submit the file through email?

03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I use flickr - but there is no "official" filckr app on the iPad. Try flickrstackr.
FlickStackr for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flickstackr/id364895358?mt=8)
Well worth the $2 for all the flickr functionality it gives you. From flickr you can post to any forum with the embedding stuff. I use it all the time in conjunction with the camera kit.

Of course with iPad2 coming, you may want to return that iPad anyway.

03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I already returned it this afternoon.
heading to the store on Sunday to get a macbook pro! :)